Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fungal nail infection in 4yo

(3 Posts)
mycatlikestwiglets Wed 11-Feb-15 12:38:43

Has anyone had a littl'un treated for FNI? Pretty sure 4yo DS has it - almost all his toenails are slightly yellowed, with sort of ridged bits and they are pretty soft/spongey feeling. 1yo DD now seems to be developing the same problem so I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

They both wear good quality shoes, clean socks every day/bare feet at night, always dried thoroughly etc so I'm not sure what's caused it, although they do use the same bath as DH who has similarly dodgy toenails so we're wondering if it's passed to them that way. If anyone has any ideas I'd welcome the advice (tried Vicks on DS but it didn't seem to lead to any improvement after a few weeks so we stopped).

AlmaMartyr Wed 11-Feb-15 16:22:00

No idea sorry, but didn't want your thread to go unanswered. Have you taken them to a GP? I thought DS had an infection once but apparently he'd just bashed his toe.

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 11-Feb-15 21:04:39

Thanks Alma, I've made an appointment for them both next week. Pretty sure it can't be toe bashing related as DS has had the problem for months now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now