Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

any ideas what this rash could be please??

(4 Posts)
worriedmummyagw Mon 09-Feb-15 22:58:16

Hi all. Looking for some advice. Our 2.5 yr old has had this general virus going around. Up and down over the last week or so. Slight temperature that is easily brought down by calpol and a little off his food. He came out in a rash tonight that got worse once he took ibuprofen ... Wondering if it may be urticaria/hives?? Any ideas please?

bobinks Mon 09-Feb-15 23:38:19

Hi - that looks very sore, poor thing. I'd pop them down to the pharmacist or doctor tomorrow for a check up. Our GP told me LOs get rashes for things that older children/adults wouldn't, so not necessarily something nasty but I'd get it checked out. GPs will see a young child the same day usually x

worriedmummyagw Tue 10-Feb-15 08:43:10

Thank you he doesn't seem to be in pain just generally off colour. Have made docs appt as its still quite bad. Just for peace of mind really! X

bobinks Thu 12-Feb-15 22:44:47

Hi - what is/was the rash BTW? Hope LO feeling better x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: