Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Not sure whats wrong with DS4

(6 Posts)
layla888 Sat 07-Feb-15 17:05:13

DS4 is worrying me today, he woke up at 10am normally up at 6 and then just sat on the sofa all quite normally he's running around etc and kept asking for drinks. At 12 he was fast asleep again and he's slept all day but wakes in-between like gasping for a drink. What could be up with him? DH said he's just tiered from school? He says he doesn't feel unwell. But I'm sure its not that, I'm worried.

layla888 Sat 07-Feb-15 17:06:30

Sorry the last bit dint make sense, DS says he feels fine and not unwell. Its just not normal behaviour from him.

RainbowInACloud Sat 07-Feb-15 17:07:36

More than likely a virus. Is he hot? Snotty etc.?
The thing you have to consider, although unlikely, is diabetes. He would be lethargic, unwell, thirsty, peeing excess amounts and his breath may smell of pear drops.
Keep an eye on him. If you are concerned, seek medical help.

Chavaloy Sat 07-Feb-15 17:08:01

How old is he? Have you taken his temperature?

layla888 Sat 07-Feb-15 17:12:06

he's four. he doesn't appear to be sick just not himself. he isn't snotty or hot or anything. i think i will call 111 xxx thanks

RubySparks Sat 07-Feb-15 17:15:59

If he is drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot then maybe get a check for diabetes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now