Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Remedy for baby with snotty nose?

(8 Posts)
Eminybob Mon 02-Feb-15 08:14:21

My DS is 6.5 mo and for the last few days has had a really snotty nose, mainly in the mornings and at night. I've tried snuffle baby, saline spray and the sucky thing but it just keeps on coming. He's not otherwise unwell, but it seems to be effecting his sleeping and he has not been interested in food as much as he has been (been weaning for a few weeks)

Is there any remedy you could suggest?

Thanks.

PoppyAmex Mon 02-Feb-15 08:20:17

Sucky thing is useless.

Buy a Nosefrida, a Scandinavian design that's absolutely brilliant (if a bit gross). They positively hate them but in mere seconds their noses are completely clean.

Quitelikely Mon 02-Feb-15 08:24:41

Put some baby Vicks on him at night, chest and back.

It won't stop the running of nose but it does clear it so it doesn't block iyswim!

Eminybob Mon 02-Feb-15 09:34:31

I've just looked on Amazon at the nosefrida. Looks interesting! Do you know where I can get it? As obviously don't want to wait for Amazon delivery.

I've been using snuffle baby which is a kind of Vicks but it doesn't do much good. Do Vicks actually make a baby one which is better?

SomewhereIBelong Mon 02-Feb-15 09:41:09

My Greek Cypriot yiayia (grandma - well, great grandma) used to just suck it out herself... mouth over nose, suck, spit, done - GROSSSSS - but it worked

Eminybob Mon 02-Feb-15 09:57:44

Eeeeewwww I feel sick!

LastNightADJSavedMyLife Mon 02-Feb-15 10:00:52

Pop something under the mattress to lift his head a little. Actually I don't think you are supposed to do that blush so prop up the bottom of the head end of the cot with a couple of books or something.

Also the plug ins are good, or water with olbus oil in under the radiator would have the same effect.

joanna120387 Fri 06-Feb-15 17:50:12

You should try Nobu baby aspirators. I used to use it for my LO and they're amazing, really do wonders for blocked noses. Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: