Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

maybe to much info sorry but have too know ..

(10 Posts)
dollysocksx Tue 27-Jan-15 20:06:18

hi everyone my little boy is 3years old and hes never had problems before, washes regularly but today I have noticed his penis looks sort of "ballooned/swollen" he says it isn't hurting but I don't know whether he's only saying that so I don't ring the doctors, I don't know if I'm being a paranoid mum or it is something to worry about ive read up on a few things which make me worry more, anyone else had the same issues with their child? thanks in advance smile

Sparklingbrook Tue 27-Jan-15 20:11:38

Weird question I know but does it balloon when he has a wee, or is it like it all the time?

dollysocksx Tue 27-Jan-15 20:19:17

@Sparklingbrook I have only noticed it today from around 2pm but stays the same when he has a wee sad

Sparklingbrook Tue 27-Jan-15 20:22:22

As the Mum of 2 boys myself anything like that I used to make a GP appointment. I know he won't be keen but best to get it checked out.

Sometimes they can balloon when they wee because the foreskin is a bit tight.

Have you mentioned it to your DH/DP?

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 27-Jan-15 20:22:23

This happened to my 2yo just last week . I took him to Dr and turned out he had pee collecting under his foreskin so had a wee infection . Antibiotics cleared it right up . He was in pain with it although he couldn't tell me I could tell he was .

TheHomicidalPowerOfaTypo Tue 27-Jan-15 20:23:39

My son had thus. The doctor said it was a fluid build up ( I can't remember the technical name) and it would disappear on its own. It was like that for a few years but now it's perfectly normal so I guess he was right.

I would say not to worry but get it checked out to put your mind at rest.

dollysocksx Tue 27-Jan-15 20:25:39

thank u all very much, I'll see how he is in the morning as I'm just putting him to bed after a nice long bath! if its still the same I will be taking him to the GP first thingsmile ! he seems fine within himself so should be fine fingers crossed thanks again grin

Sparklingbrook Tue 27-Jan-15 20:26:46

The things we mothers of boys have to worry about! All will be fine. x

dollysocksx Tue 27-Jan-15 20:32:08

Oh yes my mind does overtime everyday and night ! haha thank u for commenting x

Millionairerow Thu 29-Jan-15 21:34:31

Balanitis. My son gets I regularly. Growing ad the bits need to catch up. Keep clean and go to drs if he gets a fever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: