Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old with ouchy head!

(3 Posts)
Tholeonagain Mon 26-Jan-15 12:57:46

DD (just 3) has said a couple of times in the last two days that her head is ouchy. She carries on as normal - not obviously bothered by it - and it is gone in a few moments. She is otherwise well aside from a minor cough. I'm worried because I read small children don't usually get headaches. I am taking her to the GP tomorrow but not sure if they will do anything except tell me to keep an eye on it. Any experience/ advice? I am a bit over obsessed with brain tumours so this is making me a bit bananas...

MrsTawdry Mon 26-Jan-15 20:51:13

Get her eyes tested perhaps?

PJ67 Mon 26-Jan-15 23:39:03

Hi. My 5 yr old ds had this for a while last year. He would say his head was sore but then carry on as normal. I wondered if it was shooting type pains rather than a headache. Make sure she's drinking well and never too hungry. We went to the doctor a few times but it just seemed to improve and he hardly mentions it now. My ds's friend had a sleevover recently and said at one point he had a sore head but carried on playing so maybe it's not so uncommon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: