Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nearly 5 year old refused funding for grommets

(4 Posts)
MyGastIsTinselled Sun 25-Jan-15 14:45:12

DS1 has had ear infections since he was tiny. We finally got a referral to the paediatric ENT consultant who recommended grommets. We've just had a letter through saying they won't fund it.

He's had 2 hearing tests which show his hearing isn't as it should be...what more do they want?

I will call the consultant tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any experience?

beautifulgirls Sun 25-Jan-15 17:51:17

I would contact your local PALS and ask them to assist you here - and yes call the consultant to find out what is going on. Sounds like a very unreasonable decision to me.

Quangle Tue 27-Jan-15 21:21:42

Yes we got turned down because DS only failed two not three hearing tests. I was so upset I cried in the consultant's office (no sleep for a year!). They relented and DS has been fine ever since (3 yrs ago). Can't post more as battery failing but it's been worth the fight.

Cherriesandapples Tue 27-Jan-15 21:24:55

Three tests, my DS never did three tests as fluctuated a lot. sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: