Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.


(3 Posts)
bevo89 Thu 22-Jan-15 15:56:57

my little girl has been unwell since tuesday and has a temp at 39.2 Ive given her paracetamol to see if it brings it down.
shes hasnt been drinkin much or eating at all how long would u leave it before seeing a doctor.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 23-Jan-15 14:32:40

How old is she?

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 23-Jan-15 14:41:30

NHS advice is to always get medical advice if:

•your baby is under three months old and they have a temperature of 38C (101F) or higher
•your baby is three to six months old and has a temperature of 39C (102F) or higher
•you think your child may be dehydrated
•your child develops a red rash that doesn't fade when a glass is rolled over it
•your child has a fit (convulsion)
•your child is inconsolable and doesn't stop crying, or has a high-pitched or unusual sound when crying
•the fever lasts for more than five days
•your child's health is getting worse
•you have any concerns about looking after your child at home

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: