Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cranio synostosis

(4 Posts)
lillajag Wed 21-Jan-15 15:34:35

My little boy (nearly 7 months) have recently been diagnosed with sagittal synostosis and will have surgery shortly...

I'm looking for advise from someone who's been in this situation about what I can expect regarding surgery/recovering/staying at hospital etc?

It's starting to get a bit more real now when we're getting closer to surgery...

Cephaly Thu 22-Jan-15 10:45:58

Contact who can help you and put you in contact with other parents on Facebook.

Wishing your son well with his op.

strawberrypenguin Thu 29-Jan-15 17:32:48

Hi lilla my DS has/had sagittal and was operated on by the fab team at John Radcliffe. I have a very sporadically updated blog about our experiences in the MN bloggers network. It's Blogforbilly although I do warn you that it has post op photos on there. We go back for our two year post op check in a couple of months and DS is a brilliant fun boy with no problems resulting from the Cranio. I second looking at headlines although a lot of their help is geared towards those with syndromes the facebook group is a friendly place with lots of experience. Do feel free to PM or ask questions on this thread, if I can answer your question I will.

strawberrypenguin Thu 29-Jan-15 19:18:29

Sorry was replying at work! To try and answer some of your questions - the recovery time is amazing, there is a lot to be said for not knowing your supposed to be feeling sorry for yourself! We were in hospital for 4 days including the day before the op for the pr- op tests. Which hospital are you at? They all have slightly different ways of doing things.
My boy had a subtotal Cranial vault remodel ( they didn't touch his forehead)at JR. So I'll be more ise if your there too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now