Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what to expect if your ds 5yrs did not pass hearing test?

(3 Posts)
happywithit Fri 16-Jan-15 20:21:03

today at school and for the second time this year, they check the children at the school for hearing test and they contact me on the phone telling me that he did not pass and has to be refer to the service dealing with this.
the first time was in october, they call me and they said the same i was waiting no letter receive, than today again.
i can see that my child does respond and hear us, but still some time i have to say thinks twice or even loud but never think he did not hear good, what do i have to except from the hospital and how they trait this?
and experience.

ChickyEgg Fri 16-Jan-15 20:42:05

This happened to my DD. We were referred on and she had another hearing test at our local hospital. It turned out to be wax build up and she needed it to be syringed a couple of times. They said that as she grew the passages would widen a little more and that the ears would naturally sort themselves out which they have.

happywithit Fri 16-Jan-15 20:47:31

oh, thank you so much, i am very worried about it. hope it will be just wax.
thank you for sharing your experience with me, hope your daughter hearing will be better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: