Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 yr old potty training - smells fishy! Dr says no infection. Now what??

(4 Posts)
Pengyquin Wed 14-Jan-15 10:16:44

Help!

2.2 yr old. Now potty trained. Doing really well.

But her bits smell fishy hmm

Dr has tested wee twice and said no infection. Refuses to take swap. Says vagina will naturally sort itself out.

Other problem is since starting new room in nursery, she now clamps her legs shut and won't let me clean her properly. We only use plain water in the bath and I clean around her bits with some stuff from the docs.

But it's been weeks now since I've been able to have a little wipe inside her bits. She literally clamps her legs shut and gets distressed if I try.

Any ideas???!! Help!

SnowLondon Wed 14-Jan-15 15:08:37

Could you have a look when she is asleep?

Get a non soap wash, put it on a flannel and let her clean herself?

BlueberryWafer Wed 14-Jan-15 15:32:38

If you haven't wiped inside her bits for "literally weeks" then there's your answer as to why she's smelling fishy?

Pengyquin Wed 14-Jan-15 20:03:42

I tried whilst asleep ( as she is still in a nappy for bed, and I change it at 11pm)..she practically asleep and as soon as I try to open her legs she clamps them shut.

We have a non soap wash from the docs. She's had it daily on a flannel but it only rubs on the outside, surely?!

Blueberry - helpful! However, I was told (when she was born, by a HV) that you weren't supposed to clean inside their bits daily. Maybe that was wrong advice? Any ideas as to why she's doing this though? Seems all out of the blue.

Her speech still isn't great so can't tell me why she's not letting me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: