Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hope im in the right place for bedwetting??

(6 Posts)
time4chat1 Sun 11-Jan-15 16:18:24

So as title suggests, 8 year old still in dry- nights tried all kinds, we have taken her out of the dry-nights to see if it was a comfort thing had the demstrotabs the only thing ( may be silly on our behalf) is trying to sort out the chemical reaction through cordials I have no medical information as to if this is actually a cause ( doesn't really drink much Juice be it fresh or otherwise)... So is there anyone else who had had similar experience and had a success rate ??? We do have older children who were also bed wetting until 15 sad I would be interested if nothing else .

time4chat1 Mon 12-Jan-15 07:05:03

anyone???

Hurr1cane Mon 12-Jan-15 08:42:48

Have you been to the GP? While she's older now they may do tests and see if it's a bladder control problem, they also have alarms and stuff.

papalazaru Mon 12-Jan-15 08:53:35

Have you looked for resources on the ERIC website? It's quite useful and they have a helpline you can call to speak with someone. I have heard about the juices/cordial thing and I think there might be some anecdotal link to dark juices like black currant etc. but it's a bit sketchy.
It also has a strong hereditary link so not surprising your daughter does if her older siblings did.
In my experience with my DS most doctors didn't really take it too seriously until he was 11. But you could ask your GP for a referral to an enuresis clinic. It depends where you are but a fellow mumsnetter pointed me towards the clinic at Guys Hospital in London.

Lemonsole Tue 13-Jan-15 19:05:06

Hi there! If you pop over to Behaviour and Development, we have a very long running thread on just this topic. It's called "2 dry nights for DS (...) is this it..." I'll bounce it for you. See you!

weekendgirl66 Tue 13-Jan-15 19:23:02

SORRY where do i find behaviour and development i shall look under parenting

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: