Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Would you go to the doctor with this?

(4 Posts)
verbeier Sat 10-Jan-15 11:54:10

My DS started reception in Sept. He was previous fulltime in a private nursery. Since starting school, he has had 5 vomiting episodes. By this I meant, he has vomitted a small amount normally once only (i.e. half a cup max, not empty the contents if his tummy) and was otherwise perfectly fine. This happened again last night: he was sick a small amount (couple of tablespoons) and seems completely fine. No one else has been sick in our house for the last few years. I expected him to pick up a few tummy bugs from starting school, but the kids at school are generally well and it just doesnt seem like bugs. As a baby, he would vomit everytime he got the giggles...we used to literally panic when he laughed. Has anyone else experienced this? Worth a doctor trip? I will start on the probiotics, in case that helps.

Tzibeleh Sat 10-Jan-15 12:12:29

Sounds like he has reflux. (My youngest also puked when he laughed.)

Presumably he is eating the same at home as he was before; does he have school dinner now, and is it different to what he ate at nursery?

verbeier Sat 10-Jan-15 12:21:09

Oooh thanks Tzibeleh, I didn't of that. We had him on packed lunches until this week, so possibly could explain last night (although yesterdays lunch was fish fingers, beans and chips). I decided to put him on school dinners as was thinking maybe he was too used to only my cooking and might toughen his belly up. Although he had dinner at nursery for almost 4 years and just normally tummy bug sick (once a year or two)..they were super super clean and meticulous though.

Hurr1cane Mon 12-Jan-15 08:47:16

I'd go to the GP because it does sound like reflux. Does he do really smelly burps? I have it sometimes and have to call the GP for some tablets and it always starts with really horrific smelling silent burps blush then bits of sick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now