Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd(12) chest pain.

(3 Posts)
DishwasherDogs Sun 04-Jan-15 16:20:55

Dd has been getting chest pain on and off for a while. She gets very anxious so we (parents and GP) have assumed it is because of this. The GP also suggested growing pains.

Recently it seems to be worse. It's in the middle of her chest but slightly to the right, it also hurts on her back opposite where the front pain is.
This weekend it has affected what she's been doing, she's managed to do things, but not in the enthusiastic way she normally would.

In general she's very active and sporty.

We're going to go to the GP again this week, but I'm hoping someone can come and reassure me about this.

Cahu5 Mon 05-Jan-15 19:56:50

When my dd1 was 12 ish she suffered from chest pains.... Had every test going but nothing was ever really diagnosed.....she was fit, sporty, and a perfectionist too. They did seem to just go after about 8 months.

DishwasherDogs Mon 05-Jan-15 20:46:39

That's good to hear, thank you smile

She saw the dr earlier today who has found nothing obviously concerning.
She raised the possibility of gallstones, but said it would be unusual in a child.

I still think it could be anxiety linked, she's had quite a few triggers lately, but the pain is really making her stop short sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now