Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Slapped cheek / birthday party

(7 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 03-Jan-15 11:56:03

My dd (6) has come out in marks on her face and Google has led me to slapped cheek syndrome. She has had headache / fever / sore throat so all adds up. Ds is having his 5th birthday party tomorrow. What should I do? The Nhs guidelines say they can attend school as normal unless to unwell but I also read risk to early pregnancy etc. do I keep her away from party? What about school Monday? All help gratefully received

OhBuggeringBollocks Sat 03-Jan-15 11:57:34

You need to keep her away from the party I think, it really is a nasty virus to catch in pregnant.

I'd give the school a quick bell Monday morning and see what they suggest.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 03-Jan-15 12:20:23

Nhs says once rash is out no longer contagious

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 03-Jan-15 13:54:15

Bump

helensburgh Sat 03-Jan-15 16:30:56

Once rash comes out not infectious.

Chances are your 5 year old will now be infectious, as most infectious when no symptoms.

As its dangerous to pregnant woman and unborn babies I would inform all the parents and let them decide whether to attend the party.
Hope it goes well xx

Patilla Sat 03-Jan-15 16:36:31

I'd warn people as a courtesy. It isn't something you would choose to get when pregnant.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 03-Jan-15 18:32:56

I sent a message to all who has rsvped explaining, thanks for the responses smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now