Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old with discharge

(5 Posts)
Givemecake85 Sat 03-Jan-15 09:56:02

I wasn't sure where to put this but I'm concerned. My dd who is 3 has discharge in her knickers everyday and I've taken her to the doctors three times now and they've given me creams for her that don't do anything.
She doesn't have a urine infection. But she is at that phase where she touches herself sometimes. Sorry it's all a bit tmi but the doctors are useless and the last doctor I saw was asking me some very strange questions and made me feel very unsettled in her office.
Has anybody heard of this before?
Thanks x

MrsTawdry Sat 03-Jan-15 12:28:27

The strange questions may have been because discharge in children this small is sometimes a sign that abuse is happening. Is there any reason that you might think she's in danger?

gamerchick Sat 03-Jan-15 12:32:34

Has she maybe poked a small object up there? It's not uncommon in little girls.

Givemecake85 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:39:56

The doctor had a look and she said it all looks fine. Nothing there, no redness.
I know she is not not being abused.
It's very strange that this problem has been ongoing without change, despite the creams etc.

StarlingMurmuration Sun 04-Jan-15 12:31:02

What is the discharge like? What creams has she been given? Do they think she has thrush? Could it be made worse by her diet? Maybe cut out sugar (if she eats sweet things) and see if that helps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now