Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

changing a kids eating habits to lose weight - anyone done it successfully

(3 Posts)
Slimson Sat 03-Jan-15 08:45:24

and I really would appreciate people who have done it, not people conjecting how they would do it!
Son is 11 and is a big guy. He will be a broad rugby playing type when older but even given that, he has packed on some weight this year and he needs to lose it. (I don't want to go into too much detail on how much etc for his own privacy)

I think the issue is sugar and I know where the issues of overeating lie. Can anyone advise how they raised this with their child and got a plan together without upsetting them?

MicronesiaIsMyHome Sat 03-Jan-15 10:02:20

I am interested in any advice given here as my dd is very definitely in the overweight category now and I was wondering whether to alter her diet surreptitiously or to be more open with her.

Slimson Sat 03-Jan-15 10:36:02

ah a mate did this with her d and put her on a low carb diet without her noticing.

I want son to stop snacking on sugar I think, thats the issue here, not carbs for me.

HMM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now