Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething or something else?

(2 Posts)
tessie31082 Fri 02-Jan-15 18:27:09

Hi all!
My DS1 has not been himself for 2 1/2 weeks. It started off as a cold before Christmas as he had a snotty nose and horrible chesty cough! The cough has gone but the snotty nose hasn't! He's also chewing on his dummy and fingers a lot. He's off his food which he loves and isn't at all fussy normally. He'll only eat soft fruit, fruit pouches, yoghurt, baby food jars (10 month) or soft foods like pasta and chopped up meatballs or mashed up veg. He's also not pooing like he was but is still having wet nappies. He also seems to find it hard swallow like he has a lump in his throat �� he's also got very defiant recently and throwing terrible tantrums over the smallest of things. One minute he's clingy to me the next to daddy then not all! We feel so helpless! Should I take him to the doctors or is that a waste of time and should I just dose him up on calpol? He's not complaining like something's hurting or pulling at his ears! Sorry for the long post by wanted to give you all the info I could!
Tessie x

Joneseygirl77 Fri 02-Jan-15 19:55:33

This sounds similar to my dd1- we thought it was teething initially but she did start to run a high temp 39+. Ended up at drs after 48hrs and she was wincing when swallowing and turns out she had an ear infection and needed antibiotics. We did have bad nappies though and she was off her food too. Doctors are always happy to see babies and never feel like you've wasted an appt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now