Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hucking noise

(3 Posts)
Opipjo Thu 01-Jan-15 14:59:47

My ds (3) has been making a hucking type noise in his throat for the past 2-3 months. I first noticed it after he had a sore throat/enlarged tonsils so put it down to that. But it's made no sign of leaving, he's had another cold since then and his throat was clear.

I'm assuming it's a habit he's go in to. Has anyone got any advice on how to break a habit like this, please, ideas of what we could try?

Thanks smile

Opipjo Thu 01-Jan-15 15:01:20

Sorry, should have added he has rather delayed speech and understanding so not able to really tell me if something hurts / irritating him.

BlinkAndMiss Fri 02-Jan-15 19:55:45

I'd be inclined to mention it to the dr as it could indicate some irritation. I had huge tonsils throughout my childhood and I used to have to cough to get the pressure of them off my tongue, otherwise I'd gag. They used to stay large once any infection had cleared, they just stopped returning to their original size.

I eventually had them taken out after they were obstructing food when I was trying to swallow. I hope you get him sorted soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now