Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toiletries for babies

(9 Posts)
Lulu3108 Thu 01-Jan-15 11:13:08

Hello,

I am pregnant and not keen on the thought of using products on my baby that are harsh or have parabans or SLSs in. The only product I have found like this is welleda baby, but is is £10 a bottle!!!

Does anyone know of gentle products that aren't expensive?

Thanks x

tinkerbellvspredator Thu 01-Jan-15 11:23:39

I agree have used Weleda before and Burts Bees but so expensive. I'm now using Halos and Horns much cheaper I think it's widely available I got in tesco or boots.

callamia Thu 01-Jan-15 11:30:58

I wouldn't bother using anything but water for the first few months, there's no need.

There are a few independent places that sell natural children's products; purenuffstuff in Cornwall (they have a website) and I think Child's Farm is very gentle. I don't think we used anything much before six months though; water was adequate.

MrsPepperMintonCandyCane Thu 01-Jan-15 11:42:34

Halo and horns is very good.

Lulu3108 Thu 01-Jan-15 14:58:15

Wow thank you, I have just had a look its like £8 cheaper than a bottle from weleda. So many baby products yet so many chemicals wow. However Its a bit far off yet though I was wondering out of curiously x

MegMogandOwlToo Thu 01-Jan-15 17:28:03

Weleda is good but very pricy, although if you keep an eye out, boots often have it on 3 for 2.

Artandco Thu 01-Jan-15 17:35:50

We use earth friendly baby here. The first 6-12 months you don't need to use any anyway, then just a tiny bit. We have prob brought only 3 bottle of the shampoo/ wash combo since ds1 was born 5 years ago!

donkir Thu 01-Jan-15 17:47:38

I second Halos and Horns.

Pico2 Thu 01-Jan-15 17:50:03

We used water only until 2 yrs, but DD was quite slow to grow hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now