Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 year old white round nose and mouth

(3 Posts)
Meggymoodle Wed 31-Dec-14 21:20:14

Hi there,

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this. My 5 year old DS keeps going totally white round the nose and mouth. Occasionally he has said he feels sick with it but tonight it was just there and he said he felt fine. I've only started noticing it over the last month.

Any ideas? He hasn't been brilliantly healthy over the last month in general with a chest infection, a vomiting bug and a long-term cough but I don't know whether it's related to that or not. It would be nice if it wasn't a sign he was going to be vomiting tonight again!

MrsTawdry Wed 31-Dec-14 21:56:16

It needs checking out. It can be a sign of not getting enough oxygen. My nephew was only diagnosed with Asthma when he was 8...he could have that. I don't want to worry you of course but I'd see a doc asap about it.

Meggymoodle Thu 01-Jan-15 19:05:27

Thanks MrsT - he has mild asthma and has inhalers but it hasn't been when he's been coughing or anything but I will see if we can get an appointment with the asthma clinic and see what gives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now