Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ohhhhh fuck accidentally yanked half of DD's verruca out - what do I do?

(25 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Tue 30-Dec-14 22:51:06

Really thought I was peeling off dried bazuka - I was NOT! Massive fucking root, verruca half off, lots of blood, hysterical child, traumatised mother....arrgh. I feel awful.

I've loosely bandaged it and will try to get her seen at the docs in the morning, though our GP has a massive sign up saying they don't do verrucas.

Will it heal? It is a monster. Don't flame me, I feel terrible!

Marzipanface Tue 30-Dec-14 22:53:29

if you have the root out, won't it just heal and disappear?

IHeartKingThistle Tue 30-Dec-14 22:55:12

It's only half out! It's still attached and there was no way I could have got near it again! Lots of blood sad

katcatkat Tue 30-Dec-14 22:55:50

Put a plaster on it it will heal this is what is meant to happen with bazuka I think. They bleed loads though. No real need for gp just let it heal. If you have only got half of it out it will probably reoccur unless you can get the rest too.

Stealthpolarbear Tue 30-Dec-14 22:56:22

I believe that's the idea. They don't spell it out else no one would do it. But that's how wit works.
Bandage it up. Milkshake for her. ALCohol for you. Open in 2015 and I bet it's gone

opalstones Tue 30-Dec-14 22:57:25

Thats probably a good thing. I bet it heals nicely now - the root is what keeps it growing.

hmc Tue 30-Dec-14 22:58:11

Dd will be fine - all will be forgotten by the morning

Stealthpolarbear Tue 30-Dec-14 22:58:29

I suspect even if it only looks half gone, that's good enough.
WOman vs verruca

fusspot66 Tue 30-Dec-14 22:59:35

It might trigger an immune response which kills off the rest of the virus. Put on a nice snug well sealed waterproof plaster and don't look for a few days.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 30-Dec-14 23:01:02

Oh really? You're all making me feel a bit better! Wish I'd just kept pulling till I got the whole bastard now grin

It really is a bloody mess though and sticking out a lot. If I put something sticky on it won't it pull it all apart again?

glorious Tue 30-Dec-14 23:01:39

Yes that's good (though poor DD). If you want some help with the rest a podiatrist will be better than a doctor.

Stealthpolarbear Tue 30-Dec-14 23:07:39

O you have any wound dressings

IDontDoIroning Tue 30-Dec-14 23:14:14

Get a tweezers and pull it all out. I've done this to my dc before with bazooka'ed veruccas. It hurts and bleeds like the Texas chainsaw massacre, and leaves a huge hole but it's a great way of getting rid.
I would leave it heal a day or so and go back with the bazooka to get the rest of it out.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 30-Dec-14 23:22:42

It's a wound dressing I've put on - luckily I made her up a 'medical kit' for Christmas with real equipment so we have plenty!

Don't make me go back with tweezers! I feel like Macbeth 'I am afraid to think what I have done; look on't again, I dare not'.

I'm not being melodramatic about it AT ALL. grin

IDontDoIroning Tue 30-Dec-14 23:27:45

Keep going at it with the bazooka. The new skin underneath the verruca will grow up really quickly as it's not a wound as such as its within the skin layers. It only bleeds so much because the verucca makes extra capillaries grow to it to feed it.

wtffgs Tue 30-Dec-14 23:31:58

IHeartKingThistle gringringringrin

Quoting Macbeth - you'll live! wink

drinkyourmilk Tue 30-Dec-14 23:32:05

You have probably triggered an autoimmune response. I did it to myself on advice I found on here. Mine disappeared within days. I had it for about 6 years previously

Stealthpolarbear Tue 30-Dec-14 23:37:55

Out damn verruca!

madmother1 Tue 30-Dec-14 23:50:00

My Dad did this to my brother years ago. It left a huge hole but the skin grew back. I've used banana skins on my kids verrucas in the past. Just cut a new square of banana skin each night and stick over the verruca and within about a week or so the verruca dies. Good Luck!

IsabellaofFrance Tue 30-Dec-14 23:53:21

I had a verruca for years, nothing could kill the bastard. Then one day I made it bleed and it was gone within 2 weeks.

BigfootFilesHisToesInYourTea Tue 30-Dec-14 23:58:54

I went to a podiatrist about a verucca. I was pregnant at the time, so they just stuck duct tape over it. Turns out I could've saved myself ££s and done it myself.

www.patient.co.uk/health/warts-and-verrucas

caroldecker Wed 31-Dec-14 00:02:48

Agree with duck tape (or duct tape) both work.

unlucky83 Wed 31-Dec-14 00:05:24

on no sad I did this to DD1(5 ish) about 8 years ago and she hasn't forgotten ...
I so feel your pain. Left with a bit sticking out that will be sore when she tries to walk on it.sad I told her to be brave and it wouldn't hurt too badly and yanked the rest out with tweezers - and that's what she hasn't forgiven me for - saying it wouldn't hurt when it did sad. Luckily she hasn't had one since.
I had had a similar one in the past and it didn't hurt that much but then about 6 years ago I had another I couldn't take the pain of pulling the rest out- I left it and hobbled for a while and my immune system dealt with the rest. Poor DD1.
She is so badly scared that she told DD2 (then 3ish) when she had one to not let me near it ...I had to sneak bazooka on it when she was asleep...so it didn't happen often ...she kept moving her foot and smeared it over the sheets etc..and try sandpapering one on the foot of a sleeping child...it was truly massive (almost 1 cm wide)...then one day I checked and it looked black - a week later and it had disappeared on it own...

IHeartKingThistle Tue 13-Jan-15 22:31:01

UPDATE: IT'S GONE!!!

Just fell out of her foot, leaving a crater! We are very pleased!

Thanks for the help!

glorious Wed 14-Jan-15 18:39:36

Yay!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: