Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old, hardly wee's/poo's

(4 Posts)
GirlOutNumbered Mon 29-Dec-14 20:07:24

My DS has never poo'd much. Normally 1 every 10 days or so. It seems that he hates it. It hasn't worried me as he is putting on weight and is on his percentile.
Lately though I have noticed that he hardly wee's as well. He can have a nappy on all day and it's not really wet. Tonight his wee smelt horrible (like dehydration). I am going to call doctors in morning, but just wondered if anyone had any similar stories.
He drinks a normal amount, perhaps though not often throughout the day.

Rebecca2014 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:16:30

Your doing right thing to take him to the doctors. My daughter 2, has a lot of wet nappies and poos two times a day.

addictedtosugar Mon 29-Dec-14 20:51:41

How much is he drinking? I'd see if you can increase that by hook or crook ( very weak juice as a treat usually gets mine drinking. Water heavy food like cucumber and melon are also good, as can home made ice lollies).

Pooing every 10days at that age sounds extreme. The GP sounds like a good plan.

GirlOutNumbered Fri 02-Jan-15 08:31:07

Dr gave him some lactose and said give him enough so that he goes about 3 times a week.
I really do need to give him more fluids, will try more melon maybe he does like fruit.
thanks for replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now