Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

toddler asthma or lingering cough?

(3 Posts)
victoire1208 Sun 28-Dec-14 22:34:13

First baby so bear with me. My 18 mo dd was been plagued with colds during October early November. A rattly mucus cough has been standard every night since then with lots of clear mucus irritating the back of her throat. Nose is runny pretty much all day but very clear and thin. Benalyn seems to help a bit and I haven't noticed a wheeze. Seems to be coughing to try and shift goo. Confident not a chest infection as otherwise very happy and active and only seems to cough lying down. My mum has asthma and dd has mild eczema. Does this sound familiar to mums with dc with asthma? Do I ride it out or bother the gp?

sunnyfrostyday Sun 28-Dec-14 22:40:22

Probably worth speaking to your GP but my ds's asthma cough is not like a "cold" cough. It is dry and never becomes wet or loose.

victoire1208 Wed 31-Dec-14 14:22:48

Went to gp. It is an ear infection. I had no idea it would cause so much mucus. Shtes on antibiotics now. Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now