Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worms...and sharing a bed?!

(8 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Fri 26-Dec-14 13:23:42

Last night we discovered that my dd (4) has worms for the first time sad We've been to the chemist and got tablets for her and dh but I can't take anything as I'm bf my newborn ds.

We're in the process of stripping her bed, steam cleaning and washing and hoovering her room and all other rooms, and we have a second tablet to give her in two weeks but my dsis and her dd are coming to visit in threw days for four nights and the plan had been for the two girls to share my dd's bed as we're limited on space. If we strip her bed again tomorrow and then again on the day of my dsis arrival do you think they could still safely share? I can't quite get my head around the reinfection process.

Also the chemist this morning told my dh not to worry too much about cleaning as the eggs can only survive two hours without a host, and that if I took the meds I'd have to stop bf for a week, whereas I thought the eggs could survive a few days and that if I took the meds I couldn't bf for eight hours? Can anyone set me straight?

I'm so stressed, this comes on top of a c section, d&v bug, and today I think ds may have oral thrush and a possible missed tongue tie confused

Chocolateporridge Fri 26-Dec-14 17:09:40

Bump?

Chocolateporridge Fri 26-Dec-14 22:41:36

Anyone?

HoHonutty Fri 26-Dec-14 22:44:14

As long as she's had the tablet and you've changed the bedding sharing a bed will be fine, stop worrying.

Chocolateporridge Fri 26-Dec-14 23:33:55

I don't know, the NHS says change bedding regularly, especially around 7-10 days after the tablet, there must be a reason why, and if so, would you want your child sharing a bed at that point? I'd hate to be responsible for my niece getting worms!

DrLego Sun 28-Dec-14 02:13:57

I wouldn't want her sharing a bed with my DC! too soon

Solo Sun 28-Dec-14 03:20:15

I can tell you that I took those tablets whilst breast feeding after asking the HV, GP and pharmacist. No problems at all. I would also just change sheets in a week as usual and it should be fine. Change bedding again before your niece shares the bed with Dd.

Solo Sun 28-Dec-14 03:22:58

*The other way round! change before niece, then at 7 days at same time as second tablet.
I happened to be going on holiday the day after I took my first tablet and was sharing a bed with my friend. She didn't catch them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now