Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old hasn't pooed for 4 days

(8 Posts)
fatterface Tue 23-Dec-14 22:57:23

DS2 hasn't done a poo since Friday now. Any suggestions for what we could do to help him?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 23-Dec-14 23:00:26

I would try a warm bath, and massage the stomach a bit. try some apple juice. avoid things like pasta and white bread that will bung him up more.

is he in any pain?

I'd go to the chemist tomorrow and see what they suggest

Thesimplethings Tue 23-Dec-14 23:07:17

I think you may be able to buy Lactalose over the counter but I've a feeling you need a prescription if under 5.

You may need to go to docs for a prescription if he's bunged up.

Fresh orange juice, prunes and apricots are supposed to help.

agoodbook Tue 23-Dec-14 23:08:34

Prune juice - warm if possible

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 23-Dec-14 23:10:16

Four days isn't that long really. He'll probably poo eventually. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Womble1975 Wed 24-Dec-14 00:45:52

You can buy lactolose over the counter. I pop some in some warm orange juice when my DD gets a bit bunged up.

adoptmama Wed 24-Dec-14 06:48:09

dissolve about 6 large desert spoons of brown sugar - not white - in hot water and have him drink it. Our local nurse advised me to do this and it is pretty much guaranteed to make them go within a few hours

Iggly Wed 24-Dec-14 06:55:43

My ds has been the same and it makes his mood foul.

We've got stuff called calfig (fig syrup from health food shop) which I have given him. I should give it daily but ran out.

He holds it in at school so makes things worse.

Give lots of water, no apple juice as can make it worse (try orange instead) and get him running about and walkinf. Also no bread or bananas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now