Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nasty spot, boil on dd's bottom, treatment?

(13 Posts)
marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:12:39

Dd2 (8) has a nasty spot on her bottom ( just above her bum crack ), it looks a bit nasty and yellow looking in the middle, it also looks very red around the edge but she says it doesn't hurt. Does it need to be looked at? Is there anything I can put on it?

I don't really want to take her to the gp as we are just getting over bad colds and I don't want her picking anything else up for Christmas, I live near a chemist so they might be able to take a look and offer advice?

marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:40:10

Anyone?

Could it be impetigo?

FATEdestiny Mon 22-Dec-14 14:52:50

if it is not bothering her, I would leave it. It will pop in time.

In the mean-tine makes sure she washes and (in particular) dries the area well and regularly.

marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:57:32

Thank you, she has had a long soak in the bath and it does look slightly better ( still very red though ), I will keep bathing it.

Greenstone Mon 22-Dec-14 15:02:04

Do you have any fucidin. If not try a bit of tea tree oil

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Dec-14 15:03:20

Sudocream!

marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 15:06:06

I will have a look and see what I have.

PinkOboe Mon 22-Dec-14 15:08:49

A pilonidal cyst? Don't know if kids get them. Dh had one and it kep reoccurring

redspottydress Mon 22-Dec-14 21:28:49

These can be nasty. You should get it looked at.

marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 21:37:15

She's now poorly with ear ache and a rash on her chest, slight temp, could this all be linked? She's had the cold for a week but has been well in herself ( just producing a load of snot and a cough ).

summersanta Mon 22-Dec-14 21:44:44

Bit late to this, but get this checked could be nasty....

KatieKaye Mon 22-Dec-14 21:48:18

Best to get her to the GP tomorrow.
Hope she's ok

marne2 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:05:09

I will be phoning gp first thing, keeping a close eye on her tonight, she has Autism so it's hard for her to tell me what's wrong but she did manage to say her ear hurts, she hasn't been sleeping well for the past few days ( worse than normal ) but has been eating and running around during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now