Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best thing to unblock a very bunged up nose please?

(6 Posts)
marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 12:16:29

Dd is 8 and has Autism, she doesn't know how to blow her nose, she is full of cold today so have kept her at home but the noises she's making with her nose is driving me nuts ( she's watching MTV and seems to be playing tunes through the snotty nose ), we have Vick and have been smothering her with it, I have trie Orbis (sp) oil which makes her gag. Is there anything else I can try? Is there any nasal sprays suitable for children? Not sure how much more of the 'snotty tunes' I can take grin

Damnautocorrect Thu 18-Dec-14 12:19:52

Piriton is good for unblocking cold noses. There are a few saline sprays but I've never had much success with them

marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 12:23:00

Thank you, I think I have portion, not sure if I can get it into her ( she refuses any medicine ) but I will try.

PoptartPoptart Thu 18-Dec-14 17:31:56

Otravine nasal spray for children works like a dream for blocked noses. It's 6+ so will be fine for your DD.

sparklecrates Thu 18-Dec-14 17:35:03

Steam inhalation

ilovepowerhoop Sat 20-Dec-14 22:46:34

otrivine nasal drops would be ok to use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now