Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

worms in 5yr old

(4 Posts)
Cadenza1818 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:00:00

I know worms are common in kids but just seen on crawling on my ds bits and im freaking out! Do gone to chemist and planning a major clean / scrub down of room tomorrow. Any other helpful tips or general encouragement that this will go rapidly l! Ps only 1 out of 5 of us have symptoms

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 16-Dec-14 20:04:50

Always treat the whole family regardless of symptoms. Always.

Change bedding and damp dust and change all towels. No towel sharing, consider having individual hand towels for a few days. You'll be fine, everyone gets them at some point or several times.

bakingtins Tue 16-Dec-14 20:05:27

Treat everyone and repeat in 2 weeks. Cut fingernails short and enforce frequent hand washing. Get him to wear pants in bed.
They are grim but an inevitable part of primary school. Our school does not notify parents if there are worms in the class, I assume some parents never treat their kids and it just goes round and round. School ought to deep clean, change sand etc but I doubt if they do.
We've (well DS but treated everyone) had them twice. flowers

Cadenza1818 Tue 16-Dec-14 21:28:49

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now