Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How many days would you allow an asthmatic child with a bad cough before seeing a gp?

(6 Posts)
Mummytogoldie Sun 14-Dec-14 20:40:56

Dd has a bad cough she is getting out of breath and coughing lots when walking or laying down, still coughing just sitting but not as much. My dd who absent got asthma I normally wouldn't take to the go until she had had it at least a week, as would be told viral, but wondering if the same would apply with my asthmatic dd? The cough isn't producing anything or making her wheeze just making her out of breath and hurting her throat as she has Bern like this fir 3 days?

Mummytogoldie Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:22

Hasent got asthma not absent! And gp not go! Bloody tablet and predictive text

LIZS Sun 14-Dec-14 20:44:15

Take her asap . Breathlessness is not a good sign.

MrsMot Sun 14-Dec-14 20:46:42

Are you upping her ventolin to help? Does it make any difference?

Mummytogoldie Sun 14-Dec-14 20:55:13

She is not breathless now just when walking around. Yes have upped her blue inhaler but she is still coughing when walking or laying sad

AnotherStitchInTime Sun 14-Dec-14 21:00:50

She needs to be seen as she may need a preventer on top of her reliever inhaler. Asthma often worsens at this time of year. She also needs her throat checked as very enlarged tonsils can obstruct her airway when sleeping causing apnoea episodes. This can be a problem for people with asthma. If she coughs more at night try giving the reliever before bed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now