Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cold for a month?

(4 Posts)
gubbinsy Sun 14-Dec-14 19:33:27

DS - just 13 months has had a cold, cough and temp up and down (not really high but 39) for a month now. Gets rash with temp but goes. He gets better with calpol/ibuprofen most of the time but just never seems to get better. Been to drs several times - usually when he takes turn for worse but they say it's just viral - don't want antibiotics if he doesn't need them - this started as chest infection with a week of penicillin but got no better since. He now has yellow gunk coming from both eyes top of green snot and a cough that is meaning he isn't sleeping well and consequently nor are we. Getting exhausted now. Should I take him back to drs again? Just wondered about sinusitis but not sure how they check? Or do I just need to ride it out and hope it ends eventually.

joanna120387 Tue 16-Dec-14 02:07:59

A month is a very long time for a cold, especially with all of the other symptoms (cough, green snot, etc.). I'd see a doctor again if I was you and ask for a more thorough exam. Also, getting rid of the snot and mucus is really important so that the bacteria doesn't spread to the lungs which can be serious. My DS (2 yo) has colds non-stop and we use Nobu aspirators - life savers, really. Anyway, make sure to have your little one checked out. You never know.

gingertreat Tue 16-Dec-14 09:44:33

I suggest you change your/her diet. get 'philosophy of health' a.ciesielska from amazon. You will find out how to get rid of the mucus before your little one become asthmatic. Temporary medications are not a solution for her. !!!!! Only the right food will help. 100% guarantee.

gubbinsy Tue 16-Dec-14 18:41:08

Thanks Both. Still going strong - temp up to 40 this pm poor thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now