Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

BF'd 5 month old throwing up whole feeds

(6 Posts)
goteam Thu 11-Dec-14 14:00:52

DD hasn't kept a feed down for a few days. Had cough Tuesday day. Feeds every 3 hours but had meeting Tuesday and DP panicked when baby spent 45 minutes crying and gave her formula (never had it before) He texted me to check and I agreed as crying was upsetting our 2 year old and sounded like a difficult situation and I was unable to get home quickly. I think DD was just upset as had cold though and now worried formula has upset her tummy. Toddler had tummy bug las week. Could it be this? DD otherwise well with no temp. Nappies wet too and no diarrhoea.

Have doctors appointment later but panicking as just threw up another feed...

goteam Thu 11-Dec-14 14:02:44

I mean I had to leave baby with partner as had meeting in town..

Hedgehogging Thu 11-Dec-14 14:12:23

Sounds like a gastro bug. Are her poos any runnier than usual? Still wetting nappies okay?

Good idea to have her checked by GP but unless she's getting noticeably dehydrated I think the advice will be to keep offering BFs and it should pass.

Hope she's okay thanks

Hedgehogging Thu 11-Dec-14 14:13:18

Sorry just saw you mentioned nappies already. That's reassuring. FX it should run its course and settle soon!

goteam Thu 11-Dec-14 14:24:57

Thank you. She is fine in herself. Just BFing again. Hope she keeps it down. We have both had three full clothes changes today already!

Hedgehogging Thu 11-Dec-14 15:05:33

Ah the joys. DD was impressively pukey so I feel your pain there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now