Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

A HUGE RISE IN FOOD BANK USAGE - THIS IS WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS FOR MILLIONS OF CHILDREN

(1 Post)
JaneAHersey Mon 08-Dec-14 07:38:05

Child poverty is the highest ever recorded leaving five million plus children doomed to a life of hardship and trauma. 40% increase in youngsters self harming because of poverty since Cameron came to power. Just a few recent headlines.

I was a single parent in the 1970's at a time when meagre and limited Welfare was available. Now Welfare is being destroyed and with it the lives of many parent/s and children.

'An income squeeze, benefit delays and excessive utility bills are blamed by a cross party group of MP's for a huge rise in the use of foodbanks.' Foodbanks.' www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30346060

So I have to ask myself why this cross party group of politicians have not acted previously to prevent the destruction of Welfare and the huge rise in living costs which is leading to a lifetime of trauma and misery for millions of children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now