Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My toddler's going bald - help!

(6 Posts)
BigPigLittlePig Sun 07-Dec-14 19:02:18

Have just discovered a quite big (2 or 3 inches diameter) bald spot towards the back of my toddlers head. She doesn't seem bothered by it unlike her mother - any thoughts? She eats well, but is allergic to dairy, soya and eggs, so has calcium supplements; she's otherwise healthy. Help!

Booboostoo Sun 07-Dec-14 20:03:50

Ringworm? Much more likely than alopecia.

lougle Wed 10-Dec-14 19:57:53

Could it be rubbing in her sleep?

BigPigLittlePig Wed 10-Dec-14 21:31:37

I don't think so, as she sleeps with her face mushed into the pillow like her mother then

Have read it can be due to iron and b vitamin deficiency so have got some lovely tonic for her, lucky girl!

WalkingThePlank Wed 10-Dec-14 22:26:53

My son had this and it was ringworm.

Booboostoo Thu 11-Dec-14 08:53:37

Do check it is not ringworm because it is extremely contagious and if it starts spreading you may struggle to contain it. I know that when horses have it you have to disinfect everything, their rugs, brushes and even the wood in the stabled and fences as it can live in there for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now