Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bottle feeding and bowl movements

(2 Posts)
Pambea Thu 04-Dec-14 06:32:36

My baby is 8 weeks old and for the past week every time that he is almost ready or ready to poop he screams and cries in pain. When this is happening he goes from screaming to sucking on his bottle or soother. I have tried massage and pumping his legs and basically anything I could thing of, cannot see his doctor until next week.Anyone else have this problem?

mrsnec Thu 04-Dec-14 06:50:57

Hi,

Mine is the same age and we had this problem too and our pediatrician suggested one feed per day of comfort formula. We're not in the UK and have been prescribed a local one that's got carob in it.As a natural fibre she thinks it helps so I'm assuming any comfort formula with carob in it might help. We saw an improvement straight away when we did that.

I have mentioned this before and I know a lot of people on here don't agree with this but I also give dd baby tea from time to time and this helps too. You can't get it in the UK I don't think but I'm told a small amount of cooled fennel tea is the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now