Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething and skin break out

(5 Posts)
omri Thu 04-Dec-14 05:49:58

8 month old dd is teething a lot this week and it seems to have caused a bad breakout around her mouth cheeks and chin. It looks like eczema and quite sore and red. Any suggestions on what cream I could use to ease it? Tried Vaseline, sudocreme, Nivea but all useless ...

omri Thu 04-Dec-14 13:29:51

Bumpsmile

MesM Thu 04-Dec-14 15:48:10

Worth trying Lansinoh? It's pure lanolin.

omri Thu 04-Dec-14 15:52:05

Ah yes- good suggestion. I will try that. Poor dd, it looks like it must be irritating her. Hope the lansinoh works

Allstoppedup Thu 04-Dec-14 16:00:03

DS gets this really badly. It looks sore but doesn't seem to bother him. When it first started we tried everything even prescription stuff but with no luck. In the end we just had to keep it clean and dry (as possible) make sure dribble bibs/ dummies/teethers were changed and cleaned regularly and it cleared on its own.

It's just started up again and I've been given some LUSH Ultrabalm by a friend who swears by it for her LO so going to give that a go! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now