Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Abdominal Pain - Worse at Night

(3 Posts)
CareFactor Wed 03-Dec-14 19:39:48

My 6 yr old DD has been complaining of tummy ache for the last 5 days. Today I took her to the GP who said it was nothing to worry about and probably a virus. She seemed much better today but tonight it's come back and she's crying with pain. I should add that it's always much worse at night. Does anyone have any ideas what would it could be to make it so much worse in the evenings/at night?

Athyrium Wed 03-Dec-14 19:43:55

We have just been through exactly this with DS2 (7) The ache could happen during the day, but seemed worse at night (maybe there is less distraction so it's more obvious?) He would be almost doubled up sometimes, it was horrible. Ours went on for 3 weeks, doc said same as yours, or maybe that it was stress related (we do have stuff going on) but whatever it was, it has now passed! Hurrah! It was hard work and worrying. So maybe it was a virus, maybe worry, but at least these things do work themselves out in the end. The doc would at least have checked it wasnt appendix etc so fingers crossed it resolves for you soon too.

CareFactor Wed 03-Dec-14 19:57:59

Thanks Athyrium, glad to hear your DS's has cleared up now and for helping to put my mind at rest. I just feel so helpless when I see her in so much pain in the evenings but hopefully this will run it's course soon too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now