Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 month old teething! Help!

(7 Posts)
Fkak777 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:25:02

Hi ladies!

My 3 month old has suddenly started not sleeping at night wanting to feed every 2 hours, plus his stool is runny and sometimes green? He is chewing away at his hand at all times... I have no idea if it's teething or what's going on? Any similar stories or advice?

Thank you xxx

Sleepyhoglet Wed 03-Dec-14 18:25:30

Watching with interest

Fkak777 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:32:27

Also he coughs!

DeadCert Wed 03-Dec-14 18:35:54

I would say he's less likely to be teething and more likely having a sleep regression/growth spurt. The chewing on hands is a developmental leap they make around this time and the poo thing - could he have a bug?

I know some children do get their teeth early but I would say 3 months is a tad early to be waking in the night with teething pain. If he feeds well and is settled between feeds it's far more likely to be hunger.

Tough going for you though!

RoseberryTopping Wed 03-Dec-14 18:40:44

It can happen, my DS got his 2 bottom teeth at 3 months. I'd assumed it mustn't be teeth because of his age, but then one day I saw 2 little white things while he was screaming!

I've used cold wet muslin cloths/flannel for him to suck on. MAM do some small teethers as well.

RoseberryTopping Wed 03-Dec-14 18:42:28

Ps not much you can do with teething except ride it out! I personally feel 3 months is too small to start giving calpol regularly but I suppose it depends on you and how badly your baby is suffering.

Have you felt in his mouth for any lumps?

Fkak777 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:52:43

I will try and feel his mouth! Also he has a dummy and he keeps crying each time it comes out his mouth! ( breastfed baby! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now