Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Slapped cheek in 7mo

(4 Posts)
fionnthedog Wed 03-Dec-14 12:26:55

My 7 month old ds was diagnosed with slapped cheek by gp on Sunday following 24hrs of vomiting, temp spiking 40 and bright red cheeks. The vomiting stopped by end of Sunday and by yesterday morning (tues) temp back to normal and rash had faded. However he is still really miserable and tired and every so often the rash seems to reappear on his cheeks and arms. Plus he is still eating much less than normal (solids that is, milk mostly the same as normal).

Does anyone have any experience of slapped cheek in a baby - and if so how long it took to recover from? Gp said a "few days" and to bring him back if he didn't stop vomiting or temp remained high so obv ok on that front.

Am a worried first time mum and want my smily happy baby back!

LIZS Wed 03-Dec-14 17:08:22

ds had it at 8 months and took a couple of weeks to get back to himself. Lost weight in the meantime too.

fionnthedog Wed 03-Dec-14 18:57:56

Thanks Liz the rash is back with avengence and itchy so we're defs not out the woods. I am so worried about him losing weight as he'sa small baby (9th centile) and so doesn't have much to spare.

LIZS Thu 04-Dec-14 07:18:50

I think ds' came and went ( it was 16 years ago so hard to recall) Very lethargic for at least a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now