Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ADVICE NEEDED ABOUT 3YO DAUGHTER!!

(10 Posts)
sharon1988 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:23:51

okay well my daughter whos 3 is always unwell she has constant coughs colds croup, she always says she has sore legs or leg.....and now shes been complaing of a sore tummy for 3 days shes awlays really pale never has any colour in her at all and yesterday she went for a poo and it was a mix of brown and white?? which ive never seen before im wondering if her immune systems low and should get her checked but she never gets a break from bein unwell and when I take to the doctor all they ever say is its viral?? surely she can be unwell like that all the time though? or am I just bein a paranoid mummy!! Help please....! thanks

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 22:28:59

You don't sound paranoid.

my thoughts from what you have said are anaemia, some other deficiency or an allergy/intolerance.

I'm. Not a Dr but that doesn't sound normal.

RandomMess Sun 30-Nov-14 22:30:22

Doesn't sound normal, take a sample as they'll want one!

FelixTitling Sun 30-Nov-14 22:30:29

Make a list of all your concerns. Be specific, not vague (it may help to keep a diary. make a GP apt and take a poo sample.

If you get the brush off, keep the diary and if symptoms persist make an another appointment in another couple of weeks with a different GP.

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Nov-14 22:32:54

Sounds like a food intolerance.

sharon1988 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:33:06

I asked the doc about anaemia and he said no without even checking, she hasn't had a poo today will check next one shes been so unsettled tonight moaning and really hot shes just got over an 8 day cold 2 days ago and now shes unwell again its like this constantly :-( poor wee thing!! hate seeing her like that thank you for your replies :-)

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 22:38:23

Can you afford to go private?

you shouldn't have to I know but drs are notoriously rubbish with deficiencies and allergy and you could tell them she has six colds a month and somehow that would still be within their normal rangehmm

maybe a full work up with a private Dr would be the way to go.

sharon1988 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:50:59

No couldn't afford to go private I will take her back and see what they say this time round my sister in laws mums husband is a doctor so I might have a little chat with him and see what he thinks thanks

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 22:56:49

I hope you get taken seriously this time. sounds awful for your poor dd.

flowers

have a good think tonight. right back to when she was a baby.

when did all this start. The colds and discomfort.

does it tie in with when you started weaning?

HerrenaHarridan Mon 01-Dec-14 00:07:14

Please keep a diary.

Record what she had eaten and stools.

Record what illnesses she complains of.

If the gp remains unhelpful politely but firmly insist on a second opinion.

It does sound a lot like allergies to me. If the drs are being helpful they can do skin and blood tests these require the child not to have anything cut out of their diet.

If your not having much luck with drs there are 2 approaches you can take to self identifying allergies.
1) cut out one common allergen at a time. Allow a couple of weeks to pass and monitor for improvement. Reintroduce and monitor for a week. And repeat.
2) cut out as many common allergens as you can without starving to death, give it a couple of weeks and monitor. Reintroduce one at a time and monitor.

IF YOU DO THIS YOU NEED TO KEEP A RECORD

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now