Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

White spot on 3yr olds eyeball!

(7 Posts)
Iloveonionchutney Sun 30-Nov-14 19:56:58

Any ideas, my 3yr old dd had earlier and yesterday been rubbing her eye a bit and today every few hours a very small amount of yellow gunk appeared in the corner. She says it doesn't hurt or bother her but that there's a stone in her eye (!). Taking her to bed I noticed a white spot on her eyeball next to the iris about the size of a small pea. Am phoning the dr in the morning for myself so was going to ask about this but I'm just curious if anyone else has seen it, not much on google confused

306235388 Sun 30-Nov-14 20:02:09

Has she had chickenpox recently?

Spamfrit Sun 30-Nov-14 20:05:03

On white bit of eye or coloured (iris)/ black (pupil)?

Iloveonionchutney Sun 30-Nov-14 20:06:51

No she had it at about 18 months, we've all had colds and coughs in the house, I have a chest infection. Nothing else.

Iloveonionchutney Sun 30-Nov-14 20:11:22

It's in the white part of the eye so could be clear I suppose, looks like an acne spot to me.

Spamfrit Sun 30-Nov-14 20:15:14

I reckon bacterial conjunctivitis. If it's gunged up and lashes are crusty in the morning the pharmacist should be able to give you some chloramphenicol drops to clear it up.

Iloveonionchutney Sun 30-Nov-14 20:18:56

I thought something like that just doesn't seem to be much discharge but will see in the morning. We pass a pharmacy on the way to school so will try in there. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now