Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

baby antibiotics probiotics

(9 Posts)
anewmumatforty Tue 25-Nov-14 19:16:46

searching internet for reviewed products, thought i'd ask the mumsnet nation - any views?

Pancakeflipper Tue 25-Nov-14 19:40:38

not sure what your query is - antibiotics and probiotics are different things.

As antibiotics are obtained from medical establishments ( unless you do dodgy internet buying) and you can buy probiotics off the shelf - I guess you want probiotic recommendations?

It's a huge debate if probiotics work or not.

anewmumatforty Tue 25-Nov-14 19:42:03

erring towards Vega Baby Probiotic Formula Fed (they also do breast fed version) - have used this company before and hopefully they are still as wholesome and sound as they were when they off-shooted from Solgar..if i remember correctly...

anewmumatforty Tue 25-Nov-14 19:45:01

sorry if i was unclear - i need to give antibiotics to baby. i take probiotics at the same time when i take antibiotics so was looking for a version for baby. have found one but wanted to know if someone else had any experience. have found a trustworthy company that have proven track record so will go with Vega. thanks for replying x

Wailywailywaily Tue 25-Nov-14 19:54:17

there is not much point in taking probiotics at the same time as antibiotics. However it might be a good idea to take probiotics after the antibiotic coure is finished try this site

Wailywailywaily Tue 25-Nov-14 19:55:19

course no coure *

Pancakeflipper Tue 25-Nov-14 20:08:36

There's also a company called Optibac who do a baby/child powder.

I use this for one of my children who has a minor medical condition (doctor suggested trying it) and if we stop taking it then his symptoms return after a few days. So he's stuck with taking them now!

anewmumatforty Tue 25-Nov-14 20:16:12

makes sense i understand what you mean, either way she's getting them during and after. thank you

1sttimer80 Thu 27-Nov-14 16:05:09

I've given bio-kult for kids to my 2 year old whilst on antibiotics as he was having terrible diarrhoea. I think it helped a little and back to normal once antibiotics had finished

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now