Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nappy rash not clearing

(8 Posts)
ElphabaTheGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 11:28:31

DS2 (16 weeks old) has these very persistent spots (see photo) all over his groin. Sudocrem, coconut oil and nappy-free time aren't shifting them. Should I go for Canesten or ask the GP to have a look? Thanks! smile

SugarPlumpFairy3 Mon 24-Nov-14 11:58:38

Caneston is definitely worth a try if nappy rash isn't clearing.

What cream have you been using? Metanium has always worked miracles for my 3 but bepanthem didn't do a thing.

ILoveSimonCowell Mon 24-Nov-14 12:03:30

Go to the doctors and ask for Timodine. You may be able to get it over the counter. Read the instructions though. It's quite strong but it really helped here.

Penano Mon 24-Nov-14 13:19:40

Have you thought about changing nappy? Both my DC have been sensitive to some nappies. I second metanium as a cream which has cleared nappy rash quickly for us. Can you speak to your HV for advice?

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 14:08:36

Thanks everyone. I've now got to take DS1 to the GP this afternoon as it happens so I'll whip his nappy off while I'm there. I'll consider Metanium instead of Sudocrem from now though - Sudocrem has never been particularly effective on him for anything.

Penano We use cloth so I've strip washed, changed powder etc to rule out the nappy as a cause as well.

Penano Mon 24-Nov-14 19:19:00

Just to add, if you do use metanium, use it sparingly. I only use it if nappy rash flares & then revert to usual barrier creams once skin much better. I hope GP was able to help.

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 21:04:03

Timodine prescribed by GP.

Penano Yeah, I only ever use creams with an active bout of nappy rash. I don't even use a barrier cream at other times as I haven't needed it with either of my boys before now.

Thanks for your help everyone smile

wantsaneasylife Mon 24-Nov-14 21:07:09

That looks like thrush to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now