Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old eye advice

(3 Posts)
YourDaughterHasaTattoo Sun 23-Nov-14 22:21:14

Found my 4yo DS crying in the living room this morning because his eyes "hurt and he couldn't see". He was quite distressed and rubbing away at them. We had got up about 6-7 minutes earlier and he was sat in the room with only one side light on as I know he doesn't like bright lights first thing. He quickly calmed down after a cuddle and then was fine. We then went for a walk this afternoon and just as we pulled up to the woods he drifted off to sleep. He woke up as soon as the car stopped and straight away cried again, said his eyes hurt and that he couldn't see. Again a minute or so later he was back to normal.
Is this something I should worry about. DH thinks we should wait and see if it happens again and then take him for an eye test. Don't know if I'm just being a panicky mum as I think we should get him checked now confused.
Thanks!

Just to add, he's a typical lad. Can be a bit over sensitive at times, but generally just gets on with things, ignores knocks and bumps etc.

holeinmyheart Mon 24-Nov-14 01:43:39

I would take him to have an eye test. It will be quicker. A trained Opthalmic technician will be able to see immediately if there is something wrong with his eyes. A Dr would refer you anyway.
If the Optician finds anything you can go to A&E at once.
Hope there is nothing wrong.!

YourDaughterHasaTattoo Mon 24-Nov-14 10:59:40

Thank you. I've made him an appointment as he did the same again today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now