Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could this be indicative of SN?

(3 Posts)
MaryBerrysLostCherry Fri 21-Nov-14 20:20:21

DD is 5.7. Met all milestones, doing reasonably well in Y1 equivalent. Very chatty but not about real things mostly imaginary. I don't get any info on what she does at school for eg unless I really question. Good with other children, lots of friendships, one best friend. Has an object she is immensely attached to, thinks it's real, calls it her baby. Really concerned about its feelings. Poor eye contact. Will avoid eye contact if at all possible. Major breakdowns over very little. Incredibly short fuse. Obsessive. Low level disruptive behaviour at school - won't do what she is asked first time or without being praised. This is increasing and I suppose it's what has made me post.

She does have some undiagnosed health issues, gastro and going on for 2+ years.

Thoughts and thanks.

beautifulgirls Fri 21-Nov-14 20:37:32

Hard to say either way from what you describe, you couldn't rule it out but it may also be within the bounds of normal too. I would suggest that you make an appointment with the SENCo at school first of all to discuss your concerns. You might ask them to monitor these behaviours more closely and help make some decisions with you about how they could assist your child further in school and if you need to consider asking the GP for a referral to a developmental paediatrician.

MaryBerrysLostCherry Fri 21-Nov-14 20:43:34

Thanks Beautiful, there was an incident today which I thought was outside bounds of acceptability and I had planned to go to school next week if possible. Just don't want to start some kind of witch hunt against DD if she is just exhausted and acting a bit silly. Being a parent is not easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now