Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Infected eczema

(5 Posts)
WorthMoreThanThat Sun 16-Nov-14 22:02:14

15 month old ds has what the out of hours doctor thinks is infected eczema, we are to return to our gp in 2days. He's been prescribed oral anti biotics and a steroid cream, he's so sad. He can't settle to sleep as I presume he's itching. Any suggestions on how to soothe it for the little guy. Thank you

SEH23 Mon 17-Nov-14 08:20:15

have you tried massaging cream in? and putting cream in fridge before applying. myDD suffers dearly with eczema and these things help take the edge off for her.

hope he slept well in the end xx

Bumbleb79 Mon 17-Nov-14 11:11:49

Have they prescribed piriton? That might help a bit.

AppleYumYum Wed 19-Nov-14 10:00:29

Bleach baths for infected eczema. Sounds scary but it's just a tiny bit in a bath full of water to make it like swimming in a chlorinated pool. My ds 9 months has awful eczema and this makes such a difference overnight. I use a capful of Milton sterilising fluid in a big baby bath, keep them in it for 10-15 mins and slather in a thick moisturiser after (Diprobase ointment is very thick or if you prefer natural things, raw Shea butter or coconut oil).

nationaleczema.org/eczema/treatment/alternative-therapies/bleach-baths/

MumOf2Amber Wed 26-Nov-14 10:41:40

Have you looked in to his diet? I highly recommend juiceplus chewables for children suffering with eczema and other skin conditions, they really do work wonders. They're also packed with nutrition and boost immune system. I have so many friends who use them for their little ones. I also use them for my children, although for other things not eczema, and I also use the capsules myself for my skin. I swear by them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now