Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this rash ringworm?

(5 Posts)
Flingmoo Sun 16-Nov-14 12:38:22

5.5 months old and has this rash on leg. Will take to GP but might not be able to until Wednesday. Do you think this is ringworm? If so, how urgently does ringworm need treating? Should I be worried? confused

ilovepowerhoop Sun 16-Nov-14 15:48:40

it could be discoid eczema as I think ringworm normally has a darker outer ring and more normal looking skin in the middle

post Sun 16-Nov-14 15:51:45

Can't see very clearly, but dd's Lyme rash looked a bit like that too.

GerrardWinstanley Sun 16-Nov-14 16:00:22

When DD1 had ringworm it started out looking just like that and then got the typical dark ring/paler centre as it expanded. Does youyour DC have any other symptoms? Could you get to a pharmacy tomorrow if you can't get to the GPs? If it is ringworm it's not dangerous AFAIK. Lyme disease is a whole different matter

Flingmoo Sun 16-Nov-14 21:18:08

DH says it couldn't possibly be Lyme disease as he hasn't been anywhere to pick up a tick. It does seem to have a very slightly darker outer ring. Hopefully it's something harmless.

Bit annoyed as we were given an out of hours doctors appointment at the hospital at 6.15 but when we arrived they said its a 2 hour wait! Our baby would have been screaming with tiredness by that point as his bedtime is 6.30, so we cancelled and left sad

I want to take him to GPs tomorrow but DH will have the car for work so no way to get there sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now