Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 days old with a cold

(5 Posts)
LittleRedDinosaur Wed 12-Nov-14 02:28:42

DS is only 5 days old. We came gone on day 2 post section to find 2 year old DD with a stinker of a cold and now he's got it.
I'm not worried about him at the moment- feeding bit slow with snotty nose, feels warm but not got a temp when I've checked, wearing and pooing fine etc....
He's sleeping more than normal but waking for feeds.
I'm just at a bit of a loss about useful things I can do to help him and wondered if anyone had any tips.
Thank you!

LittleRedDinosaur Wed 12-Nov-14 02:43:23

Came home rather than gone . Obviously.

SurfsUp1 Wed 12-Nov-14 02:46:32

Poor little sausage!

Keeping the room nice and humid helps. Saline drops up the nose and one of those snot suckers are also v helpful in terms of allowing him to feed more easily.

A good baby-probiotic will also be helpful.

My Ds1 got a cold similarly early so you have my sympathies.

LittleRedDinosaur Wed 12-Nov-14 02:56:09

Thanks surf! Off to boots in the morning for supplies. Feeding like a star now and just done what sounds like a huge poo so think he's ok. Snotty little sausage.

angelopal Thu 13-Nov-14 16:00:28

How is he today? Sitting in a steamy room can help. I sit with dd in the bathroom with shower running for about 15 mins when she has a cold. She had her first cold at a few weeks old. Its not fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now