Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10 week old with reflux, what works?

(3 Posts)
Lalalax3 Tue 11-Nov-14 18:01:55

I'm in a bit of a tizz over my 10 week old and his guts. He's been refluxy since 2 weeks, with projectile vomiting, and been having Gaviscon in his feeds.

This evening I gave him a small 4oz top up feed with no Gaviscon in it and within ten mins the entire contents of his stomach were splashed all over my living room. It pumped out of him and carried a long way. He was v distressed.

It's made me realise how bad his reflux really is, and now I'm considering taking him back to the GP. What do you think MN? Am I over-reacting?

McFox Tue 11-Nov-14 18:09:40

Hi, are you sure that it's reflux? My DS has reflux and was pukey, but not that bad. He's on ranitidine as my GP doesn't believe that gaviscon is effective for most babies.

My niece was a projectile vomiter and had a cow's milk protein intolerance. She needed Neocate formula I think. The symptoms of this and reflux are very similar so maybe go back to your GP to discuss it further.

Phoenixfrights Thu 13-Nov-14 13:41:04

YY to cow's milk protein allergy. Good suggestion from McFox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now