Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spiking fever at night..

(7 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 10-Nov-14 08:22:56

My ds 4.5, has been unwell on and off for about 2 weeks. He had a bad weekend of being freezing cold at night whilst burning up, which cumulated in his vomiting and having two days off school. He has been run down and has a bad chesty cough he hasn't shaken off..

Then Saturday night the same thing happens minus the vomiting.. Freezing cold but burning up. All night. But he is fine during the day, same thing to a lesser degree last night...

I am at a loss! Any advice?

Wolfbasher Mon 10-Nov-14 08:24:30

If it's been going on for 2 weeks, I would def take him to the doctor. Hope he is better soon, poor thing.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 10-Nov-14 08:44:35

Thanks for the reply, if I take him today they'll think I'm mad.. He is gone off to school not a bother on him

Wolfbasher Mon 10-Nov-14 10:13:00

Does your GP do telephone consultations? Mine do. Then you could talk to the doctor, explain what's going on, and ask if you should bring him in. Have you been taking his temperature at night? It would help if you can tell the doctor what it is. Give the doctor details of vomiting etc. too.

A cough that lasts for 3 weeks definitely needs to see a doctor - I think it is a risk for nasties like pneumonia, TB etc.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 10-Nov-14 10:43:46

I'll give them a call. Thanks Wolf

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 10-Nov-14 14:04:10

Got an apt with nurse practitioner on Thursday smile

Wolfbasher Mon 10-Nov-14 15:02:57

good luck, hope you get an answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now